High-end beachfront accommodation in full view of the splendid Morne mountain complete with designer interiors and an amazing garden featuring a majestic banyan tree. Enjoy superior comfort and stylish accommodation, yet step out into the heart of Black River. There are just two penthouses on this prime property that are a large 295m2. What makes these units unique despite their size and beautiful furnishings are the private plunge pools found on their respective terraces. With all the modern facilities at ones fingertips there is hardly reason to leave
• Excellent, quiet beach with both sandy areas (for swimming), and reef areas (for good snorkelling). Amazing views & sunsets.
• Two giant gas Weber grills and picnic tables under the banyan tree near the pool enable for lovely outdoor grilling. (You also have a barbecue at your apartment).
• Food Lovers supermarket is within walking distance (about 100 m up the road)
• A wealth of activities. Within a 45 minute drive you can:
• Kite-surf under Le Morne mountain;
• Longboard at Tamarin beach;
• Swim with Dolphins;
• Hike Le Morne and up the gorges of Riviere Noire National Park (or drive to its summits);
• Waterfalls & Coloured Earth & rhumerie/restaurant at Chamarel;
• Horseback riding in the mountains or sea;
• Casela Adventure & safari park (and zip-lining);
• Kayaking in the sea or up rivers;
• And more…
• Night Life
15 minutes from the vibrant nightlife of Flic-en-Flac.
The spectacular Casela Safari Park is 7 minutes up the road. Walk with lions, feed ostriches & baby animals, cross a canyon on the longest zip line in the Indian Ocean.
Blessed with its own house, one can snorkel right in front of the suites. Discover snorkelling at the beach by going out in the sea and the reef walls for an incredible marine experience.
• Beach Walks
On the beach at dawn is the best way to start one’s day.
Back to Basic’s…Children can buy fishing nets and rods at the nearby tackle store and enjoy rock fishing right in front of Leora. For the more experienced fishermen, use one of the fishing kayaks to venture out of the reef. There is also the possibility of booking a deep-sea fishing trip with our nearby charter partners.
• Water Sports
A wide variety of water sports are available on prior arrangement through the manager’s specialist boating specialists in Black River.
• Island Trips
A great way to spend a day out in the spirit of adventure. Most trips are fully catered and include drinks. Popular island trips include a full day Catamaran trip sailing along the west coast, or a boat trip to Benitiers Island “Benitier Island” where your skipper and his team will set up a lobster feast … highly recommended but do not expect to be the only ones on the island ..
• Glass Bottom Boat Trips
By arrangement with the complex manager, guests can enjoy a lot of the most magnificent corals and underwater features. Guests can also enjoy snorkeling during the trip on prior arrangement.
Kitesurfing is popular in the year when the wind is strong enough and especially during the winter months May – September. Kite-surfing is mostly based around Le Morne which is perfect and easy to get along with. Services provided by the local kiteboarding schools for the more experienced kiters.
• Quad biking & Hiking
Casela Nature Park is an ideal place for you to explore and explore. The restaurant at Casela offers adventurous guests an opportunity to “refuel” with tasty creole meals overlooking the western seascape.
• Horse riding
Horse-riding trips can be organized along the beaches of Le Morne, or in the hills of Chamarel. There is something for every riding enthusiast to enjoy.
Whether you are a seasoned cyclist or just want to see some of the local scenery first hand, the West Coast from Tamarin towards the South is cycling paradise. Early mornings make for little traffic and makes cycling along the coastal road a magnificent cycling experience. Generally, riders liked to cycle past the Morne or towards Belle Ombre, possibly returning to the steady climb called Fantasy.
• Mountain Biking
Mountain biking enthusiasts will enjoy the West with the slopes of the Black River Gorges and its surrounding hills in particular, as well as the endless possibilities of the surrounding sugar cane fields starting in Black River all the way to Medina Sugar Estate. For a lot of people looking for a group ride – the usual meeting place for experienced riders at the London Supermarket lot parking lot at 6am on Saturdays
Tamain and the surrounding areas of “Les Salines” are rich with historical significance and have become established and landmark of the years especially for its fortified towers “The Martello Tower”. Marvel at the beautiful Tamarin salt pans and see how salt is still the traditional way. An amazing photographic opportunity.
• Dolphin Swimming
Watch the dolphins in the water for a lifetime.
• A complex manager is on-site 6 times weekly to supervise operations and attend to any issues you encounter during their stay.
• 6 times a week to fully service each apartment. Sundays and public holidays will cost an additional Rs. 650 per service and payable on checkout.
• 24/7 security guards and cameras on common areas.
• Alarm system in each apartment.
CONSUMABLES REPLENISHED DAILY
• Luxury branded shampoo, body lotion and liquid shower soap
• Toilet paper
• Bin liners
• Washing liquid, powder and dishwasher tablets
• High thread-count quality cotton linens are provided and changed 3 times weekly: bed-sheets, towels, beach/pool towels, bath mats, duvet & covers, pillows & cases.
In House Options
• Breakfast can be ordered at cost + delivery fee of about 8€ per day. Menu will be provided so that you may order the night before.
• In-house dining:
Menus from Rs 2000 (~65€) for 4 people (please inquire after booking)
• Custom pre-stocking: groceries payable at cost). Check list available on request.
• Standard welcome pack: for 50€ your kitchen will be stocked with a generous fruit basket with fresh tropical fruits, bottled water, fruit juice, coca cola, local beer, breakfast cereals, yogurt and milk, slice breads, butter & fruit jams, coffee (Nespresso machine with 5 capsules).
• Cooler box provided for the beach
Due to the pandemic, we are providing more flexible cancellation policies for most 2020 bookings. Depending on your arrival date, the following policies apply:
Arriving now to 30 September, 2020:
• 10 days prior to arrival, or more: 100% refund
• 9 days prior to arrival, or less: No refund
1 October to 18 December 2020:
• 20 days prior to arrival, or more: 100% refund
• 19 days prior to arrival: No refund
December 19, 2020 and beyond
• 35 days prior to arrival, or more: 100% refund
• 10-35 days: 50% refund
• 9 days or less: no refund
We strongly advise you to hire travel insurance to protect your investment in your trip. While we and our partners will do what we can to help, we cannot refund you when factors outside our control disturb, delay, or prevent your stay. This includes, but is not limited to cyclones, strikes, social disturbances, or heath alerts. Neither can we refund alternations or cancellations on account of personal illness or other factors. Please acquire trip insurance!
You may be required to provide a valid credit card to the property manager upon check-in as additional security against breakages during your stay. An authorisation for an amount of MUR 20, 000 (about 500€) may be made, and will be released within 10 days of your departure.
To guarantee an early check-in or late check-out a fee is required:
• Jan 11 – Dec 19: 75€ is required
• Dec 20 – Jan 10: 50% of the nightly rate
We unfortunately cannot provide these services for free because owners often use their properties when unoccupied, and on short notice