The property is fifteen minutes from Plaisance airport, by Riviere des Creoles and directly overlooking the ocean with a magnificent view of the Lion Mountain. The villa was built on the ruins of an old lime kiln dating from the 18th century. It is located at Anse Fauverelle, in a peaceful environment North of Mahébourg.
A few kilometres from the villa, there is a magnificent private hunting estate where wild deer and wild boar hunting parties can be organised depending on the season.
You may visit the Naval Museum in Mahébourg and “La pointe des régates” which offers a beautiful view of the bay of “Vieux Grand Port” and the islands.
Discover the charming town of Mahébourg. A little further South is Pointe d’Esny and the beautiful sandy beach of Blue Bay. 4km North of the villa is the Ferney Valley offering treks in a natural reserve with beautiful scenery.
The villa is built from the ruins of a lime kiln from the 18th century at the mouth of a sleepy river. Old stones and recycled wood preserve the authentic spirit of the place. Five en-suite bedrooms, two bedrooms are located in a separate tower near the house with views over the lagoon of the Old Port and the mountains.
The villa promises you a total immersion in the Mauritius of yesteryear and is unique in its architecture. It was renovated in the ruins of a 17th century hot oven and retains all its authenticity. The entire house is at your disposal.
• Swimming pool located on the river (8.4 x 4.2 m), that can be protected from children with a net
• Manicured garden
• Large terrace with sofas and pool chairs.
• Living room with natural stone walls
• Large open kitchen.
• A boat can be organised to reach the turquoise waters of our lagoons.
Included in the rental
• 2 kayaks
• Bed and household linens
• Concierge service & Assistance
• Continental breakfast
• Cook preparing breakfast and 1 meal (lunch or dinner)
• Cot + High Chair
• Daily house cleaning
• Domestic staff
• Electricity, water, gas
• Garden maintenance
• Internet WIFI
• Pool and beach towels
• Pool maintenance
• Weekly change of linen
• Welcome dinner upon arrival
Not included in the rental
• Airport transfer
• Baby sitting
• Cancellation insurance
• Car rental
• Cost of food (groceries, drinks…)
• Extra hours of housekeeping : starting from 3.00 EUR Per Hour
• Villa pre-stocking
Explore the many things to do in the region:
• No catering service is allowed in the property except with prior permission of the owner of the house.
• Any external invitation to the contractual guests must be validated in advance by the owner or manager
• Children welcome
• Fireworks are prohibited in the villa, its garden and the beach close by.
• It is not allowed to organise events in the property without prior approval by the owner
• Noise playing loud music are strictly prohibited in this area
• Pets not allowed
• Pool has no swimming guard
• Security system for the pool
• Smoking is not allowed in the bedrooms
• Language spoken by staff : English – French
• Check-in : 10:00 AM – Check out : 12:00 PM
• Amount of security deposit : 500.00 EUR
• Security deposit must be paid in the form of : Credit card pre-authorization (amount is not debited from your card)
A security deposit of 1000 € (MUR 50,000) is required against breakages and damages, and is due upon arrival. This amount can be paid in cash (refunded on departure), or authorized on your credit card (released shortly after departure). Please prepare accordingly.
While we will do what we can to help, we cannot guarantee a refund you when factors outside our control disturb, delay, or prevent your stay. This includes, but is not limited to cyclones, strikes, social disturbances, or heath alerts. Neither can we necessarily refund alterations or cancellations on account of personal illness or other factors. We strongly advise you acquire travel insurance to protect your investment in your trip.