EARLY BIRDS: If you are booking more than 90 days in advance, you will see a 10% “Early-bird Discount” in the rate calculation, at right. However, it is unfortunately not valid for the peak period: December 20 – January 10.
Large glass openings revealing breathtaking views… The tranquil sound of the ocean crashing on the reef… these are the words that best describe the magical experience of the Beachfront Apartments.
Situated closest to the beach, two beachfront apartments are located on the ground floor and two on the first floor. The ground floor units enable guests to walk straight out towards the kiosks and pool area, while the first level units enjoy an unobstructed view of the horizon.
Modern touches such as glass bordered balconies, 40 inch flat screen televisions, Nespresso machines and sleek architectural lines make the beachfront apartments a premier choice of accommodation on the West Coast for the discerning traveller.
Each apartment has three bedrooms and two bathrooms as well as an open-plan kitchen and living area which flows onto a spacious outdoor terrace. The Master bedroom has access to the balcony and comprises a large en-suite bathroom and walk in cupboard. The two additional bedrooms (queen and twin) share a spacious bathroom.
The main appeal of the beachfront apartments is their proximity to the ocean and slightly larger living area. Because there are only four units, we advise guests to book in advance to avoid disappointment.
• Calm and private (no hotels)
• Amazing views & sunsets
• In a chic neighbourhood, near shops and restaurants
• Sand & reef (swim & snorkel)
FOOD & DINING
• Breakfast can be ordered at cost + delivery fee of 8€ per day. Menu will be provided so you may order the night before.
• In-house dining:
Menus from Rs 2000 (~65€) for 4 people.
• Custom pre-stocking: groceries payable at cost). Check list available on request.
• Standard welcome pack: for 50€ your kitchen will be stocked with a generous fruit basket with fresh tropical fruits, bottled water, fruit juice, coca cola, local beer, breakfast cereals, yoghurt and milk, slice breads, butter & fruit jams, coffee (Nespresso machine with 5 capsules).
• Cooler box provided for the beach
• A complex manager is onsite 6 times weekly to supervise operations and attend to any issues you encounter during their stay.
• 6 times a week to fully service each apartment. Sundays and public holidays will cost an additional Rs. 650 per service and payable on checkout if requested by clients.
• 24/7 security guards and cameras on common areas.
• Alarm system in each apartment.
CONSUMABLES REPLENISHED DAILY
• Luxury branded shampoo, body lotion and liquid shower soap
• Toilet paper
• Bin liners
• Washing liquid, powder and dishwasher tablets
• High thread-count quality cotton linens are provided and changed 3 times weekly: bed-sheets, towels, beach/pool towels, bath mats, duvet & covers, pillows & cases.
• Vanilla Bean Tel: 483 5392
• Junction Café Tel: 483 6634
• Big Willy’s Tel: 483 7400
• La Madrague Tel: 404 0150
• Le Dix neuf Tel: 404 0150
• Les Sirandanes Tel: 772 9303
• La Marée Haute Tel: 483 6513
• Le Cabanon Creole Tel: 483 7353
• La Bonne Chute Tel: 483 6552
• Le Kiosk Tel: 483 7004
• Zucca Tel: 483 7005
• Pizzadelic Tel: 483 7003
• Cosa Nostra Tel: 483 6169
• BaliKopy Tel: 483 8252
• Domaine Anna Tel: 453 9650
Blessed with it’s own house reef, one may snorkel for hours on end right in front of the suites and discover it’s underwater universe one fish at a time. Discover snorkeling at the beach by going out in high tide within the lagoon itself or alternatively venture just out the reef to experience deeper water and the reef walls for an incredible marine experience.
• Beach Walks
At the earliest signs of dawn, a silent walk along the beach followed by an early morning swim at the local beach neatly – Tamarin Bay. It’s the best way to start one’s day, and an intimate way to enjoy the luxury of this idyllic beach close to the suites where locals can be seen enjoying a moment of silence or walking their dogs on the beach..
Although the rocks and sea life contribute to an amazing seascape, the particular stretch of beach in front of the suites is not ideal for swimming. However guests may enjoy nearby swimming beaches such Tamarin Bay or La Preneuse which are safe for children and adults alike.
• Back to Basic’s…Children can buy fishing nets and rods at the nearby tackle store and enjoy rock fishing right in front of the suites For the more experienced fishermen, use one of the fishing kayaks to venture out of the reef. There is also the possibility of booking a deep-sea fishing trip with our nearby charter partners.
• Water Sports
A wide variety of watersports are available on prior arrangement through our boating specialists in Black River.
• Island Trips
A great way to spend a day out in the spirit of adventure is to book a island trip on the west coast. Most trips are fully catered and include drinks. Popular island trips include a full day Catamaran trip sailing along the west coast, or a boat trip to Ile aux Benitiers ” Benitier Island” where your skipper and his team will set up a lobster feast… highly recommended but don’t expect to be the only ones on the island..
• Glass Bottom Boat Trips
By arrangement with the complex manager, guests may enjoy a short trip over some of the most magnificent corals and underwater features for a great family outing not far from the suites. Guests can also enjoy snorkeling during the trip on prior arrangement.
Kitesurfing is popular throughout the year whenever the wind is strong enough but especially during the winter months May – September. Kite-surfing is mostly based around Le Morne which is perfect and lends itself to beginners as well as seasoned kiters. Services provided by the local kiteboarding schools vary from one-on-one lessons for beginners to equipment rental for the more experienced kiters.
• Quad biking & Hiking
Casela Nature Park is an ideal place for quad trips and boasts a variety of mapped hiking trails for the more active guest. The restaurant at Casela offers adventurous guests an opportunity to “refuel” with tasty creole meals overlooking the western seascape.
• Horse riding
Horse-riding trips may be organized along the beaches of Le Morne, or in the hills of Chamarel. There is something for every riding enthusiast to enjoy.
Whether you’re a seasoned cyclist or simply want to see some of the local scenery first hand, the West coast from Tamarin towards the South is cycling paradise. Early mornings make for little traffic and makes cycling along the coastal road a magnificent cycling experience. Generally, riders aim to cycle past le Morne or towards Belle Ombre, possibly returning up the steady climb called Fantasy.
• Mountain Biking
Mountain biking enthusiasts will enjoy the West with the slopes of The Black River Gorges and its surrounding hills in particular, as well as the endless possibilities of the surrounding sugar cane fields starting in Black River all the way to Medine Sugar Estate. For those looking for a group ride – the usual meeting place for experienced riders is at the London Supermarket parking lot at 6am on Saturdays
Tamain and the surrounding areas of “Les Salines” are rich with historical significance and have become established cultural and historical landmarks over the years especially for its fortified tours “La tour Martello”. Marvel at the beautiful Tamarin salt pans and see how salt is still made the traditional way. An amazing photographic opportunity.
• Dolphin Swimming
Watch the dolphins pass by from your terrace or join them in the water for a once in a lifetime experience.
Due to the pandemic, we are providing more flexible cancellation policies for most 2020 bookings. Depending on your arrival date, the following policies apply:
Arriving now to 30 September, 2020:
• 10 days prior to arrival, or more: 100% refund
• 9 days prior to arrival, or less: No refund
1 October to 18 December 2020:
• 20 days prior to arrival, or more: 100% refund
• 19 days prior to arrival: No refund
December 19, 2020 and beyond
• 35 days prior to arrival, or more: 100% refund
• 10-35 days: 50% refund
• 9 days or less: no refund
The photos are indicative of the unit type, but the property you are provided may vary somewhat in position, decor, and view. in the case of apartments, floor level may also change between ground and first floor (Penthouses will not change). We try to accommodate requests for a specific placement, but cannot guarantee it.
We strongly advise you to hire travel insurance to protect your investment in your trip. While we and our partners will do what we can to help, we cannot refund you when factors outside our control disturb, delay, or prevent your stay. This includes, but is not limited to cyclones, strikes, social disturbances, or heath alerts. Neither can we refund alternations or cancellations on account of personal illness or other factors. Please acquire trip insurance!
You may be required to provide a valid credit card to the property manager upon check-in as additional security against breakages during your stay. An authorisation for an amount of MUR 20, 000 (about 500€) may be made, and will be released within 10 days of your departure.
To guarantee an early check-in or late check-out a fee is required:
• Jan 11 – Dec 19: 75€ is required
• Dec 20 – Jan 10: 50% of the nightly rate
We unfortunately cannot provide these services for free because owners often use their properties when unoccupied, and on short notice